Octopus Hole – Hood Canal in Washington State.
Octopus Hole is an undeveloped wide spot in the road along highway 101. The dive site has been one of the classic sites in Hood Canal and in general is an easy dive, once you get down to the water. It is a bit of a climb down a rocky path.
The usual range of depth along the wall is 35 to 60 feet and there is a lot of critters that make their home here. Octopus, Wolf Eels and a wide variety of other creatures.
Sample Itinerary: 2 Dives at beautiful Octopus Hole on Hood Canal.
- Meet up at 8:00AM the Hoodsport Fresh Market in Hoodsport Washington.
- Get any lunch supplies or snacks from the store.
- There is a dive shop across the street for any last minute needs. (hours vary)
- A few miles up the canal you come to Octopus Hole.
- Enjoy 2 dives with a nice surface interval between the dives.
- Octopus Hole has NO porta-potty on site.
All inclusive dive package:
$249 includes a rental dive gear package
7MM Farmer John wetsuit bottom and 7MM Vest
Regulator set with dive computer
Hood, Gloves, Boots, Fins, Mask and Snorkle
Weight Harness and Weights
2 Air Cylinders ( Aluminum 80 cf)
Come see some cool critters who live in Hood Canal!